ESIS AWARDS 2018
On the occasion of the 22nd European Conference on Fracture in Catania, ESIS President Prof. Leslie Banks-Sills and ECF22 Chairman Prof. Aleksandar Sedmak conferred the ESIS Awards:
- The Griffith Medal: James Rice
- The Award of Merit: Filippo Berto
- ESIS fellows: Jacques Besson, Valery Shlyannikov, Per Ståhle, Zhiliang Zhang
- The Young Scientist Award: Guian Qian, Junhe Lian
- Award for the best weldment fracture mechanics paper, in memory of Prof. Stojan Sedmak: Fedor Fomin
Prof. Paul James Rice receiving his Griffith Medal
Prof. Filippo Berto receiving the Award of Merit
Prof. Jacques Besson, Prof. Valery Shlyannikov, Prof. Per Ståhle, Prof. Zhiliang Zhang being nominated ESIS fellows.
Dr. Guian Qian receiving the ESIS-Elsevier Young Scientist Award First Prize award and a cheque for 1000 Euro from Elsevier, and Dr. Junhe Lian receiving the ESIS-Elsevier Young Scientist Award Second Prize award and a cheque for 500 Euro.
Dr. Fedor Fomin receiving the Award for the best weldment fracture mechanics paper, in memory of Prof. Stojan Sedmak